The Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA), Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM), Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD) and the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS) are collaborating to implement the Ohio 811 Project Rental Assistance Program designed to serve approximately 485 households throughout the state.
The purpose of this program, as authorized under the Frank Melville Supportive Housing Investment Act of 2010, is to allow households composed of one or more persons with a disability, who are at least 18 but less than 62 years of age and are extremely low income, to live as independently as possible by subsidizing rental housing opportunities and providing access to supportive services.
Available Funding and Related Programs
OHFA will award and administer Rental Assistance Contracts (RAC) to eligible owners of multifamily rental properties funded through the Housing Tax Credit program. Up to 25 percent of the units in a development may be eligible for assistance under this program.
Rental assistance covers the difference between 30 percent of the resident's income and the unit's 50 percent AMGI rent level calculated for the Housing Tax Credit program. The total rent cannot exceed the fair market rent published by HUD.
OHFA and the selected owners of Housing Tax Credit developments will enter into a 20-year RAC. The Section 811 PRA funding guarantees the rental assistance program for the first five years. The balance of the contract will be funded based on annual federal appropriations.
The prospective resident's access to services will be coordinated by the ODM with assistance from DODD and OhioMHAS. ODM will identify those eligible for the program and will create and maintain a referral network to match those identified with available housing units throughout the state.
- Program Flyer (375 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Fact Sheet for Developers (146 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Program Comparison: Ohio 811 PRA and ODM Subsidy Demonstration (80 KB Adobe PDF File)
OHFA's 2013 Section 811 Application
- 2013 OHFA Application Proposal to HUD (379 KB Adobe PDF File)
- 2013 HUD-OHFA Cooperative Agreement – 12/22/15 (2.64 MB Adobe PDF File)
- 2013 HUD Notice of Funding Availability for Section 811 PRA – 12/22/15 (542 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Owner and Property Manager Guide (130 KB Adobe PDF File)
- HUD Program Guidelines (506 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Ohio Tenant Selection Plan (314 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Vacancy Payment Policy (421 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan (AFHMP) (221 KB Adobe PDF File) Placed 3/2/17
- Move-In/Move-Out Inspection Waiver
- Fair Housing Poster
- Model Lease (42 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Referral Agent Guide (149 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Reasonable Modification and Reasonable Accommodation Guide (175 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Reasonable Modification and Reasonable Accommodation Request Form (62 KB Adobe PDF File)
- 811 Application Guidelines (59 KB Word File) New
- 811 Proposal Development Application (511 KB Word File) New
- 811 Existing Development Application (542 KB Word File) New
- HUD 811 PRA Environmental Review and Funding Requirements (329 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Agreement to Enter in a Rental Assistance Contract (ARAC) (101 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Rental Assistance Contract (RAC) Part I (226 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Rental Assistance Contract (RAC) Part II (162 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Use Agreement (54 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Section 811 Supportive Housing for Persons with Disabilities Program (HUD)
- HUD FAQs
- HUD Handbook 4350.3
Please email your questions or comments to 811Program@ohiohome.org or call
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215