On February 8, 2016, Governor Kasich sent a letter to HUD Secretary Julian Castro notifying him of Ohio's intent to participate in the NHTF program and designating the Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA) as the administering entity. OHFA was designated as the sub-grantee to allocate program funds and monitor funded projects. Ohio will receive $3,747,502 in program year 2016.
Allocation Plan Draft
- 2017 National Housing Trust Fund Allocation Plan (2.74 MB Adobe PDF File)
- 2016 National Housing Trust Fund Allocation Plan (7.21 MB Adobe PDF File)
The Ohio Housing Finance Agency hosted a series of forums and advisory group work sessions to define the objectives of the National Housing Trust Fund Allocation Plan and to devise the criteria that determines how the state will distribute the funds in the first program year. Notes from these meetings are below.
- HUD's Exchange webpage: National Housing Trust Fund
- OHFA's NHTF Designation Letter (28 KB Adobe PDF File)
- National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC): 5-Part Video Series on Implementation
- Getting to Know the NHTF Program – 5-Minute Overview (1.30 MB Adobe PDF File)
Questions and correspondence regarding NHTF may be directed to
Planning, Preservation and Development
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215