As regulations and programs evolve, OHFA makes updates to the compliance rules and procedures associated with our various projects and programs. As a manager or owner of an OHFA-funded property, it's your responsibility to ensure that your properties comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. We've provided the following forms, documents and information to help with compliance to OHFA's policies and to ensure your project's success.
- Program Compliance – Requirements and Expectations (228 KB Adobe PDF File)
If you have any questions about these updates or resources, contact your regional representative.
The Internal Revenue Service and Internal Revenue Code regulate the Housing Tax Credit (HTC) program. Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP) documents describe OHFA's procedures and policies for distributing Ohio's allocation and basic requirements for compliance of housing credits that support quality affordable rental housing.
- Extended Use Policy (259 KB Adobe PDF File) – revised 10/28/2016
Please see the Qualified Allocation Plan webpage for a QAP for a particular allocation year.
Please see the IRS & HUD Guidance webpage for more information on the HTC program.
HOME and Other Gap Financing
The goal of HUD's HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) is to provide formula grants to state housing agencies to provide financing for eligible affordable housing developments. These grants expand, preserve and improve the supply of decent, safe and affordable housing for very low- to moderate-income persons and households in Ohio. In addition to HOME funds, OHFA offers several other types of gap financing including the Ohio Housing Trust Fund (OHTF), Tax Credit Assistance (TCAP), Tax Credit Exchange (TCE), the Neighborhood Stabilization Programs (NSP) and Financial Adjustment Factor (FAF) funds.
- HOME Rent Approval Form (PC-E50) (182 KB Adobe PDF File)
- TCAP, TCE, and NSP Compliance Guidance (103 KB Adobe PDF File) – posted 12/14/09
Please see the IRS & HUD Guidance webpage for more information on the HOME program.
Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing
- Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan Guidance (777 KB Adobe PDF File) – effective 7/3/17
- PC-E45 Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan (264 KB Adobe PDF File) – effective 7/3/17
- PC-E46 AFHMP Review Verification (175 KB Adobe PDF File) – effective 7/3/17
- Supplement – AFHMP Census Data Guide - ECP-21s (729 KB Adobe PDF File) – effective 7/3/17
- External Link to Census Tract Information
- U.S. Census Bureau's American FactFinder
Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- OHFA Memo on VAWA implementation
- HUD 2013 VAWA Final Rule
- Violence Against Women Act of 2013
- Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization Act of 2013
Recommended HUD Forms
- HUD Notice of Occupancy Rights under VAWA form 5380 (57 KB Word File)
- HUD Model Emergency Transfer Plan form 5381 (54 KB Word File)
- Certification of Domestic Violence form 5382 (56 KB Word File)
- Emergency Transfer Request form 5383 (53 KB Word File)
- HUD VAWA Lease Addendum form 91067 (50 KB Word File)
On July 29, 2008, the IRS issued final regulation 1.42-10 (Utility Allowances). The final regulation revises and expands the methods available for calculating utility allowances, in addition to outlining other changes. The OHFA Utility Allowance Guidelines describe how owners of Housing Tax Credit projects should implement final regulation 1.42-10.